Student Information

Our adult education programs are designed to provide you with skills you can use to help you find work, take on further study, or simply communicate more easily with other people in the community including businesses, schools, and government departments. 

After completing the courses, you will feel more confident in communicating in English, and we can also help improve your numeracy, which means your ability to understand and work with numbers. This is particularly important when seeking work.

Comm Unity Plus Services Ltd (commUnity+) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and a Learn Local education services provider.

Education services include:

  • Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program
  • Certificates in English as an Additional Language (EAL)
  • Adult Community and Further Education (ACFE) programs
  • Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP)


How to enrol in Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) Program

  1. Find out if you are eligible
  2. Visit your local Centrelink office or, if Centrelink has already placed you with a jobactive provider, please visit your provider. 
  3. Your jobactive provider will make an appointment for an assessment with us at commUnity+
  4. You will meet with one of our qualified assessors, who will discuss your employment and learning goals, as well as assess your reading, writing and oral communication skills. 
  5. You will be enrolled in the appropriate class. 

Contact us to find out more – (03) 8312 2030. 

How to enrol in Skills First Program

To enrol in any of the qualifications subsidised under the Skills First Program, please contact the office on (03) 8312 2030. An interview will be scheduled and your needs will be discussed with a qualified pre-training assessor.

Comm Unity Plus Services, (TOID No: 3755) is a contracted provider of Victorian Government-subsidised training. 

Are you eligible for government-subsidised training? You can check by using the interactive Victorian Skills Gateway Eligibility Indicator.


Eligibility criteria for Skills First Program

To be eligible for the Skills First Program subsidy, you must meet all the eligibility criteria, which include location, citizenship, age, and education history, as outlined below.


Location and citizenship

You must be physically present in Victoria for all of your studies.

You must also be either:

  • an Australian citizen, or
  • an Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent visa), or
  • a New Zealand citizen, or
  • referred by a special initiative. See: Special Initiatives


Education history

If you are 20 years of age or over as at 1 January in this year, you must:

  • apply for a qualification higher than the qualification you have already completed (except if you are applying for qualification/s listed on the Foundation Skills List],  or
  • have obtained higher qualifications overseas that have not been formally assessed for Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalency.

You must not:

  • have started, or be due to start, more than two (2) programs in a government-subsidised place in the same calendar year, and
  • currently enrolled in two (2) or more programs in government subsidised places at the same time, and
  • have, in your lifetime, started two (2) or more programs in a government-subsidised place at the same AQF level (except if you are applying for qualification/s listed on the Foundation Skills List, and
  • currently enrolled in secondary school. This includes students enrolled in any government, non-government, independent, catholic or home school. School-based apprentices and trainees are exempt from this criteria.


Criteria for Foundation Skills list courses

You must:   

  • meet the location and citizenship criteria, and
  • meet the education history criteria.

You must not:

  • hold in Diploma level or higher qualification issued by an Australian provider, or
  • are enrolled in the Commonwealth Government’s Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program.

How to enrol in short, pre-accredited ACFE courses

To enrol in a short pre-accredited course that is funded by Adult Community and Further Education (ACFE) or Fee for Service, you can phone (03) 8312 2030 for course details and enrolments.

The ACFE courses are supported by the Victorian Government.  More information regarding the courses available can be found at ACFE Courses.


Fees and Refunds

For information about fees and refunds for Victorian funded courses please refer to Fees and Refund Policy.

The published student tuition fees may be subject to change depending on the individual circumstances at enrolment.







For information regarding Comm Unity Plus Services Ltd policies, please see Policies & resources